Chef's Specials | Sweet Potato Saag
Saag or Saag Aloo is commonly made with potatoes, but our version users the sweet potato for a more balanced flavour. keep reading for the full recipe and method. This recipe serves 5 portions.
- 100g | Paneer Cheese
- 50g | Whole Leaf Spinach
- 20ml | Vegetable Oil
- 150ml | Water
- 5g | Cumin
- 10g | Brakes Turmeric
- 700g | Sweet Potatoes
- 50g | Onions
- 10g | Chopped Garlic
- 10g | Ginger
- 10g | Corriander
- Heat 20ml of oil in a pan.
- Chop your garlic and ginger into small pieces. Roughly chop the spinach and coriander and set aside. Dice your onion and sweet potatoes
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, ground cumin and turmeric and sauté.
- Add sweet potato.
- Add 150 ml water.
- Add spinach and cook through until potato is soft and the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add diced paneer and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Stir in half of the chopped coriander.
- Serve with Long Grain or Basmati rice and garnish with the rest of the coriander.
This recipe was developed by Raff Stravino, Head Chef at Cripps Hall.
Allergens: Milk, Sulphur dioxide, * Gluten * Wheat
- Read Next
- Flatmates keeping you up at night? We can help! Bookmark Making Night: Design a Book Mark Comic Night: Design Your Own Comic Book Cover Shakespeare Evening Fantasy Night: Wand Making & Potion Mocktail Making FREE LinkedIn photoshoot & profile clinic PRIDE Ice Cream Counter Rainbow Food and Treats Be a Drag Star Workshop | Kitty Tray Queer Cafe
- The ultimate guide for doing laundry in halls How to collect parcels on campus Want to become a Residential Ambassador? How to reach out to security and request maintenance Cavendish Hall accommodation tour Derby Hall accommodation tour Southwell Hall accommodation tour Lincoln Hall accommodation tour Your halls address for post and deliveries UoN guest policy in halls